On March 3, 1909, Congress authorized the building of the USS Wyoming and USS Arkansas.
There was one catapult on the USS Arkansas.
After the 1927 modernization three Vought UO-1 or Loening UL-6 floatplanes were used. In the late 1920s and early 1930s Vought O2U or O3U Corsairs were used. In 1940 the USS Arkansas had Curtiss SON1 Seagulls. In November 1940 Vought OS2U Kingfishers were used.
The six turrets were center lined.
The 12" Mk 7 could fire a 870 lb shell to 23,500 yards.
As a resulted of the Washington Treaty the Wyoming was demilitarized and made into an anti-aircraft trainer. Side armor was removed and turrets Nos. 3, 4, and 5 were made fixed.