The HMS Pretoria Castle was converted from an Union Castle passenger liner after being bought by the Admiralty in mid 1942.
The HMS Pretoria Castle was the largest escort carrier in the British Royal Navy. She was used as a training carrier.
There were fifteen torpedo bombers and six fighters carried.
There was a 45' x 34' elevator forward in the flight deck.
There was a catapult along the centerline.
The hangar was 17' 6" tall.