Produced in 1942.
An armored pannier was added to right side of superstructure. It was to carry extra radio gear when it was to be used as a Zugführerwagen (unit commander's vehicles). The panniers are longer than the ones on previous models.
The 9mm armored plates on the sides were discontinued. Smaller hinges were installed on the glacis hatches. An MG was added internally. When it was needed to be used the MG had to be brought out and fired by an exposed crewman.