The AHA/AgK (Inspectorate Department 6) in 1941 asked for a 10 ton vehicle that was faster and had thicker armor. A chassis was delivered on September 1, 1941.
Had a Maybach HL 66 P engine installed. It could reach a speed of 65 kph. Frontal armor was 30 mm, side and rear was 20 mm, roof 10 mm, and floor 5 mm. It had a 20 mm Type 38 and MG 34 installed in the turret. It was to start production in mid-1942, but it was obsolete by then and was abandoned.