In May 1942, Hitler ordered that 40 Lorraine Schlepper chassis be converted to mount a 15cm sFH for use in North Africa. The superstructure came from Alkett and assembly was done in Paris. In July 78 more were made available and Keitel ordered 30 to be fitted with the 15cm SFH at Krefeld while the remainder were to become Panzerjäger and 15cm sFH. In May 1942, 60 10.5cm leFH18/4 were ordered to be mounted on the Lorraine Schlepper, but only 12 were completed.
The 150 mm had a range of 9,432 yards. The 90 lb HE shell had a muzzle velocity of 1,250'/sec.
The rear suspension was strengthened to handle the placement of a gun mount in the cargo area. A spade was place in the rear of the 15cm FH13 conversion to assist in stabilizing the vehicle when it fired.