Three French Citroen-Kegresse vehicles were purchased between 1925 and 1931.1 These were evaluated by the Ordnance Department.1
The White Motor Company designed one based on one of their commercial trucks chassis and the body of a M3 scout car.1 These were designated the T14 in 1939.1
In September 1940 White, Autocar, and Diamond T. agreed to standardize parts for the vehicles as much as possible for production.1
Was a specially designed commercial front and rear drive truck chassis. Some models had a roller on the front to help it climb out of ditches, and others had a winch (10,000 lb, 4,536 kg capacity1) for towing the vehicle out of soft terrain. With the tracks it could go over rougher terrain than an armored car.
The radiator was protected by armored shutters that could be opened, closed, or put in 3 different positions from within the vehicle by the driver.1 The shutter had direct vision slots for use when it was closed. The windshield has shatter proof glass that could be removed when entering a combat zone.
Each compartment had 5 seats each side for the passengers.1 A frame could be place over the cargo area and a canvas could be placed over it.1