The Bogue class ships were conversion from C-3 merchant hulls. Twenty hulls were available in early 1942.
The Bogue class ships were named after Sounds.
The exhaust went out a funnel in the starboard side.
There were wooden planks that made up the flight deck.
There was a 3 ton catapult.
There were two 6 1/2 ton elevators in the flight deck.
The hangar was 18' high.