The Omaha class were designed to be the 1917 Scout. It was to carry ten 6" guns, two torpedo tubes, and mines. Due to weight restrictions every weight saving measure had to be used.
The Omaha class has one catapult on each side. There was no hanger.
Starting in 1935 the Vought floatplanes were replaced by Curtiss SOC Seagulls.
Starting in 1940 the Vought OS2U Kingfisher was the main aircraft used.
There were four boiler rooms. There were two boiler rooms forward, then an engine room, then two more boiler rooms aft.