There were a total of eight sister ships with six being launched and only the Admiral Lazarev being 63% completed before the German armistice of 1917. In 1924 the Soviet Union decided to completed the Admiral Lazarev with a slightly revised design.
There was one Heinkel catapult for launching aircraft. Typically there was only a single He 55 flying boat that was carried.
The forward turbine room powered to outboard shafts.