The Trento class were built within the restrictions of the Washington Treaty. This allowed a maximum of eight 8" guns to be carried. These were authorized under the 1923 - 1924 / 1924 - 1925 Program.
There was one air compressed Gagnotto catapult for the three aircraft carried. Two of the aircraft were stored in a hanger below the A turret. The aircraft used were the Piaggio P6, Macchi M41, CRDA Cant 25, and the Imam Ro43.
||Rate of Fire
|8" / 203.2 mm L/50 Ansaldo Model 1924
203 mm L/50 Model 1924
113 kg, 125 kg
|100 mm L/47 Model 1910
The torpedo mounts were located between the funnels.
There were two forward spaces that held four boilers and sent exhaust out the forward funnel and drove the outside shafts. A similar setup was in the aft space and served the aft funnel and drove the inner shafts.