In 1939 a Ca.309, flown by Croce and Floravante won the IV Raduno Sahariana.
There were 69 Ca.309s available in 1940 and of those 42 were operational. The were with the:
- 1° Aviazione Presidio Coloniale at Mellaha
- 2° Aviazione Presidio Coloniale at El Adem
- 26a Squadriglie Aviazione Sahariana at Curfra
- 99a Squadriglie Aviazione Sahariana at Hon
The Ca.309s were used in Africa until 1942.
Exports of the Ca.310
The Ca.310 was bought by Hungary, Norway, Yugoslavia, and some South American countries.
- Soviet Union: 61° and 71° Gruppi Osservazione Aera
- Croatia: 61° and 63° Gruppi Osservazione Aera
- North Africa: 68° and 69° Gruppi Osservazione Aera
Norway ordered twelve Ca.312 bombers in 1939 but none were delivered.
Some of the Ca.312s were used in North Africa in 1942.