Morris worked with Vickers in the early 1930s to produce a 6 x 4 vehicle that was to be purchased by Thailand. With the threat of war more iminent, in 1935 Morris was asked to produce an interim armored car before a new 4 x 4 design was ready.
It was built on a C9 15cwt 4 x 2 truck chassis. It had slab sided hull and an open turret behind the driver's cab.
Used in France with the British Expeditionary Force (BEF). 38 were in the 12th Royal Lancers in France 1940. Only armored car regiment in BEF (British Expeditionary Force).
Was also sent to the Middle East. 30 issued to 11th Hussars which used them in the Western Desert. Remained in service until 1943.
Used for defense of airfields and factories. Named after Lord Beaverbrook Minister of Aircraft Production. Used for home defence service with Army and RAF.