The Light Tank Mk VIII was designed in 1941 by Vickers Armstrongs to replace the Tetrarch.
Was named after the confidential advisor to US President Roosevelt.
Used same track flexing for steering as Tetrarch, however had hydraulic assisted controls for the driver.
Never entered service as Tetrarchs and Locusts met needs.
The Alecto's had dozer blades attached and were used as tractors on the Salisbury Plain.