The "C" class ships were used in the West Indies, Western Approaches, and North Atlantic.
Start of World War II
On August 31, 1939, all ships were transferred from the west coast of Canada to Halifax via the Panama Canal. From there they operated the Halifax to Bermuda convoy routes.
Then on May 24, 1940, they sailed to Great Britain to join the Western Approaches Command.