The No 228 Squadron, based at Pembroke Dock, was the first to receive the Stranraers in April 1937. They remained equipped with the Stranraer until April 1939.
North Sea Patrols
No 209 Squadron was equipped with the Stranraer in December 1938 at Felixstowe. They were moved to Invergordon and Oban to conduct patrols over the North Sea.
The No 240 Squadron received the Stranraers in June 1940 while at Pembroke Dock. They conducted patrols over the Western Approaches. The Stranraers were replaced in March 1941 by Catalinas.
The license built Canadian Vickers Stranraers were used by the RCAF from 1939 to 1943 in reconnaissance and anti-submarine patrols off Canada.