Had a larger engine, a 6 speed transmission, a modified cupola, and thicker armor. There was a conical shaped hood installed over the right signal port in the roof of the turret. The hatches over the driver and radio operator were now one piece. The front of the superstructure was now a single straight piece with no hull machine gun which was replaced by a visor and pistol port.
In 1940 some had additional armor bolted onto the hull and superstructure.