Had 75 mm L/24 installed to be used as a support vehicle for Tiger Is. It was based on the PzKpfw III Ausf L chassis. A triple smoke launcher was mounted on the turret sides. After 1943 some of the vehicles who had returned to the factories for overhauls were given a coating of Zimmerit (antimagnetic mine paste). At the Ruegenwalde factory starting on March 19, 1943, the Ausf Ns had Seitenschürzen (armored side skirts) installed. Some received a single piece hatch instead of the double hatch. Some also had Fliegerbeschussgeraet installed.