Commander's observation capabilities were improved.
Driver sat on left and had access hatch in the front glacis plate. He had 3 vision ports in the front. Radio operator had seat on floor at rear of fighting compartment and had a vision port in the rear. The commander's seat was suspended from the turret wall and rotated with turret. Turret roof started with a split hatch then had a cupola with 8 episcopes. Turret was hand traversed. In 1940 20 mm plates were bolted to hull and turret, and 15 mm plates to gun mantlet.