In September 19432, Hitler2 approved the Flakpanzer IV AA with 37 mm twin AA guns for which he saw a demonstration of it on May 14, 1943. Böhmisch-Mährisch of Prague received the contract for 150 vehicles.
3.7 cm FlaK 43 L/60 mounted on an unaltered PzKpfw IV Ausf H & Ausf J chassis.
The rpm of the engine was raised to 2,800, which produced 272 hp.
The 4 box sides could be let down horizontally to allow for firing. When these were down the crew was completely exposed and with the height of the vehicle it left the crew in a rather exposed position. The high box sides led the crews to call them Möbelwagen (Furniture Van).2
2cm Flakvierling 38 Möbelwagen
The 2cm Flakvierling 38 was placed on a PzKpfw IV Ausf H or PzKpfw Ausf J chassis.3