Finland was the only country to use the VL Myrsky.
The Myrsky II entered service in 1944.
The Myrsky IIs were used in reconnaissance squadrons of the Ilmavoimat (Finnish Air Force) against the Soviets in the Continuation War.
The Myrsky was used against the Germans in Lapland. The Myrsky was used as close support against German ground forces.
Post World War II
The Myrsky was in Finnish service until May 1947 when additional structural failures turned up forcing the Myrsky to be grounded.